Communicating Research Outcomes-Faculty Mentorship Session
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Spencer Engineering Building (SEB)
Communicating Research Outcomes -
Engineering Faculty Mentorship Session
Engineering faculty members are encouraged to register for this session that will focus on Communicating Research Outcomes. Topics that will be discussed at this session are relevant for grant applications, the promotion & tenure process, award nominations, and research progress reporting.
Specific topics presented will include:
- Knowledge translation and exchange – what it really means and why it is important
- How to link research impact to knowledge translation plans
- How to frame ‘Benefits to Society’ for grant applications
- How intellectual property relates to research outcomes
- Commercialization best practices
- Specific examples of knowledge exchange relevant for NSERC Discovery, NSERC Strategic Partnership, NSERC CRD, OCE and ORF-RE proposals
Erin Huner, Knowledge Translation Manager in Research Development
Patrick Therrien, Senior Business Development Manager at WORLDiscoveries
Natalie Raffoul, Lawyer and Patent Agent at Clancy P.C. + Brion Raffoul (and Western Grad)
Lunch will be provided therefore registration is required.
Please register at link provided below by April 27th.